Each year, AADOCR’s National Student Research Group (NSRG) and Government Affairs Committee (GAC) recognize a student for outstanding contributions in advocacy for oral health research with the Student Advocate of the Year Award.
The winner of the award is announced at the annual AADOCR and Friends of NIDCR Advocacy Day on Capitol Hill in the spring. To apply, please complete the application form below and brief essay question.
Non-monetary award presented at AADOCR Advocacy Day
Aug 01, 2023
Nov 29, 2023
- Students may self-nominate or be nominated by another AADOCR member.
- Nominee must be a current member of the NSRG.
- The Gert Quigley Fellow and NSRG officers are not eligible.
Applicants must have participated in oral health advocacy by completing at least two of the following activities within the last calendar year:
- Responded to an action alert from AADOCR or another oral health advocacy organization;
- Met in person or via videoconference with a federal or state legislator or their staff;
- Contacted a policymaker via email, letter or phone;
- Participated in or are currently registered for an AADOCR Advocacy Day; or
- Engaged other students in oral health advocacy.
Questions about the award?
Digital Strategy CoordinatorEmail me