Activities of the Friends
With programmatic activities operated out of the American Association for Dental Research (AADR), FNIDCR helps represent the interests of patients, researchers, educators, clinicians and students and the value they find in NIDCR and its critical research.
Activities of the Friends include:
- Advocating on behalf of NIDCR on Capitol Hill, including sending joint letters to and coordinating visits with members of Congress
- Liaising with and acting as a resource for the congressional Oral Health Caucus;
- Providing oral health policy and legislative analyses
- Hosting and participating in events to demonstrate the importance of NIDCR-funded research
- Championing patients through the Friends of NIDCR’s Patient Advocacy Council
Support the Friends and other important programs at AADR by becoming an AADR Institutional Section member. Contact AADOCR firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Latest from the Friends
Friends of NIDCR Patient Advocacy Council
The Friends of NIDCR Patient Advocacy Council is comprised of non-profit organizations who work together to 1) support oral health research and NIDCR and 2) transfer oral health research from bench to bedside. At the end of the day, research is conducted to improve the health and lives of others. Below are quotes, stories, photos and videos that demonstrate the impact the Patient Advocacy Council has on the lives of many.
The FNIDCR PAC is co-chaired by Kathy Hammitt and Mary Fete.